Builden Fine Touch OK1: Rapid Drying Patching
and Smoothing Compound
and Smoothing Compound
|Builden OK1: Rapid Dry Repairing and Feather Finishing Compound
|- Use for patching, filling, feather finishing, ridges, gouges depressions, etc.
- Exceptional strong bond to sound substrate
- Applicable to achieve minimal thickness
- Exceptional good strength material
- Rapid drying as little as 15 minutes
- Cost effective as no primer required
- Easy to mix and apply
|Area of Application
|Exceptional bond to:
- Smoothing compounds
- Ceramic tiles and terrazo
- Cement/sand screeds
|Subfloor Surface Preparation
|The sub-floors must be dry, sound and clean, free of dust, grease and other barriers that might impair adhesion to the base.
In the case of domestic applications only, Builden OK1 may be installed over existing adhesive residues which are thin, sound and well bonded. The residues must not be affected by either the initial wetting from the applied mortar or the adhesive used to install the new floorcovering.
Builden OK1 is not recommended over adhesive residues in commercial situations.
|1 year when stored in original, unopened packaging in a dry location.
|Consistency of Mixture
|Colour of Mixture
|Pot life of Mixture
|15 minutes at 20°C
|Final set (at 20°C)
|≤ 15 Minutes
Builden OK1 is easily applied with a steel trowel and can be used to form a true feather edge up to 3mm in thickness.
Builden OK1 is designed specifically for very thin smoothing applications and, where thicknesses exceed 3mm (not exceeding 12mm), it is recommended to build up in thin applications, allowing individual layers to harden between applications.
A feather finish (less than 1mm) may be sufficiently hard enough after 15 minutes but obviously will depend on the absorbency of the sub-floor and site temperatures.
Thicker applications will require additional drying time.
Providing the builden OK1 layer has hardened sufficiently (but may appear damp) and the adhesive trowel does not damage the mortar surface, the floorcovering application can proceed.
1) Should there be adhesive residues beneath the Fine Touch OK1, a 3mm smoothing layer will be necessary.
2) Apply at temperatures above 5°C.
3) Mix only the amount of Builden OK1, you can use within the pot life. DO NOT add additional water.
Please leave your enquiry here, we will reply as soon as possible.
Browse for other products
- Builden 2KSL – 30: Outdoor Self-Levelling Compound (PART A/PART B)Builden Admin2024-02-15T14:46:13+08:00
- Builden FPC-100: Cementitious Floor Protection CoatingBuilden Admin2024-02-15T17:23:53+08:00
- Builden Fine Touch OK1: Rapid Drying Patching and Smoothing CompoundBuilden Admin2024-02-15T17:42:17+08:00
- Builden S30: Commercial Smoothing and Levelling CompoundBuilden Admin2024-02-15T14:35:53+08:00
- Builden S20: Commercial Smoothing and Levelling CompoundBuilden Admin2024-02-15T14:32:16+08:00
- Builden S10: General Smoothing and Floor Levelling CompoundBuilden Admin2024-02-15T14:24:21+08:00